At Weald of Kent, we are committed to deliver a curriculum of consistent exceptional quality of education. To do so, we ensure that our curriculum intent and implementation are embedded securely and consistently across the school. Our colleagues have a firm and common understanding of the school’s curriculum intent and what it means for their practice. Across all parts of the school, lessons contribute well to delivering the curriculum intent. The work given to our students, over time and across the school, consistently matches the aims of the curriculum. It is coherently planned and sequenced towards cumulatively sufficient knowledge and skills for future learning and employment. As a result, all our students, whatever their needs and background achieve exceptionally well and produce work consistently of a high quality.
The Weald curriculum is designed to:
- Ensure that all our students whatever their background, aspirations and starting points acquire the knowledge. skills and cultural capital needed to take advantage of opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life.
- Enable all our students to experience academic excellence and personal success by creating an aspirational, high achievement culture which takes into account individual needs and styles.
- Offer all our learners the opportunity to experience a broad and balanced range of subjects and experiences, through taught curriculum lessons, whole school off-curriculum days and extra-curricular activities.
- Prepare our students for the world that awaits them outside of school by enabling them to become confident, resilient, articulate, courageous, thoughtful, kind, creative and responsible leaders.
- Ensure clear development of knowledge and skills supporting student progress over their school life.
- Follow the principle of depth before breadth.
- Offer targeted support and additional challenge to ensure all students make exceptional rates of progress
- Foster engagement and love of learning.